Pages

Tuesday

Sunshine Coconut Cake (Cupcakes)


Well......if you are wondering I am so ReaDY for SumMEr! Or at least give me SPrInG-- not snow on May 1st... HeLLoW! I think my only sanity from the weather (which is hanging by a thread) is making coconut, tropical, sunshiny treats. Here is one such recipe, which toothless and gorgeous (my two oldest kids), think are better than the "is it really better than sex? cupcakes" (which I never said with them in the room). Here is another Mix Tuesday recipe!


Ingredient:

1 (18.25 oz) package white cake mix (plus ingredients listed on box)
1 (14 oz) can cream of coconut ( I found mine in the drink isle)
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream (liquid)
2/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 (8oz) package flaked coconut

Directions:

Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package directions. (I made mine into cupcakes, you need to use cupcake liners for sure) While still hot, using a utility fork, poke holes all over the tope of the cake (cupcakes).

Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together (I had 1/2 of the mixture left over, but I did cupcakes just FYI). Pour over the top of the still hot cake.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whisk heavy whipping cream and confectioners sugar until stiff peaks form. Let cake cool completely then frost with whipped cream, and top with flaked coconut. Keep cake (cupcakes) refrigerated until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment