Pages

Sunday

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies


I love cookie recipes that I usually have all the ingredients all the time. This is one of my husbands favorites, and he doesn't love sweets (how did he end up married to me).  I love them, because I really can't screw them up if I'm trying to help the babies, make dinner, clean the kitchen, do the laundry, and make cookies. You know one of those! 

Ingredients: 
1/2 Cup Shortening
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Peanut Butter
2 Eggs
1 1/2 Cups Flour
2 t Baking Soda
1 t Salt
1 Cup Quick-Cooking Oats 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. In large bowl, cream together shortening, butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until fluffy. Add peanut butter and mix until smooth. Beat in eggs until well blended. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Mix in oats until just combined. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10- 12 minutes or until just light brown. 

Tips: 
Make your cookies into an ice cream sandwich. My kids just LOVE them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment