Pages

Tuesday

Top Ten Main Dishes -- Feed The 5000 Chicken & Rice


We call this Feed The 5000 Chicken & Rice, because you'll eat a big dinner and look down at the dish and there will be still be more than half left. We laugh every time we eat this dinner, because it is so true! My sister-in-law gave me the base for this recipe and over the years, well I don't even know if is close anymore, but we LOVE it!
Feed the 5000 Chicken & Rice

Ingredients:

6 cups prepared rice (I use Botan rice)
3cups cooked chicken, sliced
2 cups slightly cooked broccoli - boil with chicken for the last 3 minutes

1 can cream of chicken soup
1-2 tablespoons red curry powder (to taste)
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup mayo
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix together soup, curry powder, milk, mayo and lemon juice. In a large casserole pan layer as follows: rice, chicken and broccoli, top with curry mixture, and finish with shredded pepper jack cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to sister-in-law for making a great recipe..http://www.vivamagonline.com/index.php I LOVE chicken recipe, but have never attempted to make them myself.. will sure try out with my cousin.. Thanks for the great sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete