Pages

Friday

Top Ten Main Dishes -- Best Meatballs EVER!!


I have been searching far and wide for an incredible meatball, for a good old classic Spaghetti & Meatballs, and I think I found it! Both my husband and I think they are even better the second day. The recipe comes from Chef Vinny DiLeo he grew up cooking with his father in Naples, Italy. This is one of Vinny's traditional Italian family recipes. I know...... DELISH!! Don't be afraid of the raisins they are AMAZING!!!
Vinny's Meatballs

Ingredients:

2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup raisins, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup grated Pecorino- Ramano cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
2 eggs

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix ingredients throughly and form meatballs. Cook meatballs in the oven at 350 degrees until lightly brown about 20 minutes. Let meatballs simmer in your favorite pasta sauce, until ready to serve. Serve over cooked rigatoni pasta and top with Pecorni-Romano cheese.

Makes about 2 dozen meatballs.




No comments:

Post a Comment