Pages

Thursday

Lemon Sour Cream Cupcakes


I LOVE cupcakes that come out of the oven just perfect. I think a cupcake needs: great texture, perfect round tops, flavor, moisture.....you get the idea. I fell in love with these Lemon Sour Cream Cupcakes the first time I made them. I had to post this recipe because I told you yesterday that the Fluffy Lemon Buttercream Frosting was incredible on top of these cupcakes.

Lemon Sour Cream Cupcakes
Recipe by and old friend in South Jordan, I don't know where she got it!

Ingredients:

3 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs
16 oz sour cream
2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper cupcake liners; set aside. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

In an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl. Beat in eggs one at a time, until incorporated. Scape down sides of bowl, and stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately; flour in three batches and sour cream in two batches, starting and ending with flour. Mix on slow speed, just until combine (turn off in between, so you don't over mix the flour). Stir in lemon zest by hand.

Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes. Cool completely then remove from muffin tin. Makes 24 cupcakes, or two 9" rounds.

1 comment:

  1. I think your muffin's taste will be awesome. Because I can imagine that how interesting and yummy dessert you have made. Also I'll suggest you for try some baklava. And if you don't know that baklava where to buy then you can visit sham flavors because this shop is the most famous one in Dubai.

    ReplyDelete