Pages

Wednesday

Thanksgiving Menu - Tangy Honey Glazed Ham


This year we are having Thanksgiving away from home and I have been elected the cook (so excited for Thanksgiving on the beach!) I figure there is no better way to take my recipes with me, then posting them, so you'll get a little flavor of my Thanksgiving meal. This year I'll be cooking for my husband, my parents, and my 4 kids, and since it is a small intimate celebration ( and I'm not having to mass produce food) I want it to be something really special.

Thanksgiving Menu 2010

Tangy Honey Glazed Ham
Fresh Green Bean Casserole
Sean's Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Mom's Sweet Sweet Potato Bake
Jamie's Cranberry Spinach Salad
Amy's Sourdough Stuffing
Kneaders White Rolls- coming on the airplane
Kneaders Pumpkin Pie
Kneaders German Chocolate Pie
Kneaders Banana Cream Pie
Tami's Cranberry Pie (if I can talk her into sharing the recipe!)

Tangy Honey Glazed Ham

Ingredients:

1 (10 pound) fully-cooked, bone-in ham
1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup honey
1/3 of a large orange juice and zest
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Directions:

In a small saucepan, combine brwon sugar, pineapple juice, honey, orange juice, orange zest, Dijon mustard, and ground cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce hear, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside. Place ham in slow cooker add a small amount of water (1/2 cup) over the ham, cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours. After 4 hours brush ham with glaze and continue to bake for 30 more minutes, brushing generously with glaze every 5 minutes.

Happy Baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment