Pages

Monday

MIA.....Pumpkin Bars


I know, long time no see!! I was in charge of recreating a Pioneer Trek, and keeping 40 teenagers alive! Whew....I'm glad I did it, and I'm glad it is OVER. It's taken about a month to recover! I promise girls your aprons are on the way!

Here is a recipe for one of my favorite pumpkin treats! Pumpkin Bars, I know it's not fall yet, but it's my *favorite* time of the year, so I'm just gonna start celebrating early! Yay!!! The cream cheese frosting is creamy and cool, on top of a dense cake-like bar *packed* with sweet, rich, cinnamon flavor! I know, I think I just drooled all over my keyboard! Yum!!!!



Paula Deen
Ingredients:

Bar:
4 eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
15 oz can pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt

Icing:
8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon mexican vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using an electric mixer with paddle attachment combine eggs, sugar, oil an pumpkin. Mix at medium speed until pumpkin mixture is light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly incorporated, and the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into a greased 9 X 13 baking pan. Bake for 35-35 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.

To make icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in vanilla, and spread on cooled pumpkin bars.


No comments:

Post a Comment