Another solid recipe from Kneaders!! Yay! We love Kneaders!! Here are some quick tips for you on this recipe. You can purchase rolling pin rings that slide on your rolling pin to make sure your dough has even thickness at Sur La Table -- you can also purchase Lemon Extract in powder form at Adams Extract.
2 cups butter
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup milk
7 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon honey
1. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs, then milk. Scrape the sides of the bowl down as you go.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients. Dough will be soft and sticky.
4. Place dough on well floured pastry cloth or workspace.
5. Knead in just enough flour to make dough workable. Dough will be very soft. It is best to knead with a rolling motion so you have a smooth surface and you will not get cracks on the tops of your cookies.
6. Gently roll out to 3/8 inch thick.
7. Cut into desired shapes and place on baking sheet lined with parchment.
8. Bake at 325 for 10-12 minutes or until just the edges barely start to change colors.
Makes 4 dozen
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
4 Tablespoons corn syrup
3 Tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract powder
1. Mix together all ingredients until smooth.
Dip cookie in icing and smooth with palm of hand. Let set.