Pages

Tuesday

Peanut Butter Fingers


Don't forget our Jessie Steele Cupcake Apron Give-a-way! Thanks Kneaders Bakery in Provo!! 

I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter-- there is nothing better in this world! So when I need a quick chocolate/peanut butter fix, here is one of my recipes I turn to (instead of eating spoonfuls of peanut butter with chocolate chips in it!)  This is an old family recipe from my sister Angie. 

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Butter, Softened 
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 t Baking Soda
1/4 t Salt
1/2 t Vanilla (Mexican Vanilla) 
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Quick Oats
6 oz Chocolate Chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars, add egg and beat until fluffy. Add peanut butter, bakings soda, salt, vanilla, flour and oats- mix well. Press dough into a greased 8 x 8 baking pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. Pour chocolate chips over the top of hot crust, and let sit 5 minutes or until completely melted, spread melted chocolate evenly and allow to cool. 

Tips: 
I always use more chocolate chips then the recipe calls for! 
I don't think I have ever eaten these cold (like your suppose to), they never make it that long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment