Pages

Thursday

Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies


An old favorite of mine and my family! I love how quick and no fuss these cookies are-- I usually half the recipe and that is plenty for my little family. 

Ingredients:
1 Cup Butter, Softened
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Sugar
2 Eggs
2 t vanilla (my favorite is Mexican Vanilla)
1 1/4 Cups Flour
1/2 t Baking Soda
1 t Salt
3 Cups Quick-Oats
1 Cup Chocolate Chunks (or Chips) I usually add a few more! 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325F. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Slowly beat in eggs, then add vanilla. Add flour, soda, and salt to creamed mixture, mix well. Then add oats, and chocolate chunks. Stir together and drop spoon sized balls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes, edges should be lightly browned, and centers slightly gooey.  

Tips:
Make sure you drop dough in balls onto cookie sheet, or the edges will burn. 
If your cookies edges are browning too quickly, drop your oven to 320F and cook about 15 minutes, 

No comments:

Post a Comment