Pages

Thursday

Banana Sour Cream Bread


Banana bread has to be one of my favorite things in this world! What beats an amazing loaf of banana bread hot out of the oven? After many a loaves of bread, this is my all time favorite banana bread recipe. I love the cinnamon sugar mixture that you dust the pans with, it makes this recipe OVER THE TOP! 

Ingredients:

1/4 Cup White Sugar
1 t Cinnamon
3/4 Cup Butter
3 Cups White Sugar
3 Eggs
6 Very Ripe Bananas, mashed
16 oz Sour Cream
2 t Vanilla (Mexican Vanilla rocks this recipe) 
2 t Cinnamon
1/2 t Salt 
3 t Baking Soda
4 1/2 Cups Flour

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300F. Grease 4 (I always use 3 and make a bigger loaves -- I do have about 1 1/2 cups of batter left over.) In a small bowl stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 t cinnamon. Dust the bottom of each pan with the cinnamon/sugar.  In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas. sour cream, vanilla, and 2 t cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Divid into prepared pans. Bake for one hour. (My big loaves take a bit longer  5-10 minutes) 

Tips: 
As I wrote, I only make 3 loaves with my batter, but I do have a little left over about 1 1/2 cups of batter, you can make a mini loaf or a couple muffins with the left over. 
The key to this recipe is dusting the pans with cinnamon/sugar mixture, and a great vanilla! 
The first time made this I thought HOLY COW that is a ton of banana bread, it only lasted about 30 minutes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment