Pages

Tuesday

Easy Hand Rolled Sugar Cookies

Ask my husband, when we were first married I couldn't even boil water! Yes! It's true! I turned to a great website to help teach me how to cook and to find great recipes. All these years later I still turn to them for good recipes! I found these easy and fast cookies here. Soft, warm, sugar covered cookies are my kids favorite! My favorite is the smell and feeling in my house while I bake up memories! 



Ingredients:

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

white sugar for rolling

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C).

In a large bowl cream together butter and 1 1/2 cup white sugar until fluffy and smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla just until incorporated.

In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Gradually blend dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.

Roll dough into golf ball sized balls, and cover in white sugar. Place on a cookie sheet with a Silicone baking pad.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven, or until golden brown. Let stand on cookie sheet at least 5 minutes before removing to cool.


Tips:

Unsalted Butter:  I always bake with unsalted butter. Unsalted butter is made from a higher quality of cream, so there is no need to cover the taste with salt. The only exception is rice crispy treats, I always make them with salted butter.

Creaming: creaming butter and sugar together is the most important step in making delicious, soft, fluffy cookies.  I don't ever make cookies and not cream the butter and sugars together.



Silicone Baking Sheets: I think they are miracles sent from heaven! Invest in a good one, you will never go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment