Pages

Friday

Mommy's Kiss Cookies


These are my {favorite} "mommy" cookies, meaning no matter how many "helpers" you have in the kitchen you really can't mess up these cookies! I have made these cookies with many different recipes, and many different ways, this is the best I have come up with for taste and looks.

Ingredients:

2 2/3 Cups Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Butter
2/3 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla
Additional Sugar
5 Dozen Kisses, Unwrapped

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375F. In a large bowl (kitchen aid) creamy together softened butter, peanut butter and both sugars, beat until light and fluff. Add flour, salt, and baking soda, eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Make tablespoon size balls out of dough--roll in additional sugar. Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully press one kiss into the center of each cookie. Allow to sit on hot cookie sheet until kisses become slightly melted.

I do NOT return my cookies with kisses to the oven, like many recipes call for, I think this makes a huge kiss mess. Instead, I allow my cookies to sit on the hot cookie sheet, this gives off plenty of heat to slightly melt those kisses. We want our cookies to look and taste great!

No comments:

Post a Comment