Pages

Monday

The Best Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies


WARNING....if you make these cookies you WILL eat a whole batch of them yourself, if they even make it to the oven! (some of the BEST cookie dough I have ever eaten.) I made these for the first time yesterday afternoon, and before dinner even started I had to make another batch. I think I might just make another right now!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups quick- cooking oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup raisins (plus a little extra)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 baking sheets with pan spray.

In a bowl stir together oats, flour, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside. In a electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter and brown sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and and egg and vanilla and beat until blended. Add four mixer and mix until just blended.

Using a tablespoon drop rounds of dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake one pan at a time so they will cook more evenly. Bake the cookies until they are puffed and golden brown on the edges, about 10-12 minutes.

XX

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy!! I am going to have to make sure I have quick oats on hand, and I am baking today. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete